The Google Pixel 6a might be a dead ringer for the Pixel 6 series visually, but the plastic back and Gorilla Glass 3 build won’t hold up to nearly as much punishment as its premium siblings. To keep it in the best condition possible, you’ll want to invest in a case. Lucky for you, we’ve done the research and picked out the best Google Pixel 6a cases you can buy!
Best thin Pixel 6a case: Spigen Liquid Air
- Thin, but protective
- Rubberized grip texture
- Covered buttons
- Not the absolute thinnest
- Comes in two colors
Spigen is a very popular case maker, and its Liquid Air case is an excellent Pixel 6a case for just about anyone. With a thin but still protective design, this case relatively simple TPU case features military-grade protection. The textured pattern on the back adds significant grip, which should prevent any accidental drops or sliding. Previous models only came in black, but for the first time ever this one also comes in Midnight Green.
If you want something even thinner, the Spigen Thin Fit should fit the bill. The thin polycarbonate case is as lightweight as it gets as far as Pixel 6a cases go, but it only comes in black.
Best hybrid Pixel 6a case: Caseology Parallax
- Attractive design
- Three colorways available
- Military-grade protection
- Excellent hand feel
- Other Caseology cases available
Hybrid cases are the “standard” style of cases, and there’s a wide variety of designs available. Our favorite is the Caseology Parallax, which features an attractive pattern on the back that helps with grip and affords a certain ergonomic feel that’s hard to beat. While still providing military-grade protection, it won’t weigh down your phone as much as a rugged case. It comes in three different colorways.
Caseology makes two other cases for the Pixel 6a, both of which are also worth considering. The Nano Pop is all about color and contrast, with a gorgeous two-tone backing without texture. The Athlex is the most sober of the bunch, and is designed for joggers and other athletes. It still has a pop of color, but it lacks the same visual flair. All three are excellent quality, although the Parallax is still the crowd favorite here at Android Authority.
Looking for more hybrid Pixel 6a cases? We also recommend:
- Spigen Core Armor: Not quite as rugged or thin as Spigen’s other cases, the Core Armor is still a great case. It has a texture back and a sleek design, but it only comes in black.
Best clear Pixel 6a case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid
- Crystal clear design
- Military-grade protection
- Covered buttons
- Not the thinnest
- Pricier than other clear cases
The Pixel 6a maintains the same design elements as the Pixel 6 series, and it would be a shame to hide the iconic look. That’s where this clear Pixel 6a case from Spigen comes in. The Ultra Hybrid is one of the most protective clear cases on the market, and it features a build quality that simply can’t be beat. However, there are cheaper and thinner models available if you don’t need quite as much protection.
Looking for more clear Pixel 6a cases? We also recommend:
- Foxfeth Clear Bumper: This is as simple as it gets. While it isn’t the most protective or the best quality case, it is probably one of the cheapest.
- RYKQ Clear Case: Yet another simple, no-frills clear case, this one also features an integrated ring in the back for extra grip. It can also be used as a kickstand.
Best fabric Pixel 6a case: Finon Cotton Model
- Soft fabric material
- Many color options available
- Strap hole included
- Large branding
- Somewhat weak glue
The Japanese brand Finon isn’t particularly well-known, but the company makes one of the best fabric cases you can buy for the Pixel 6a. The interior and bumpers are a simple TPU/PC hybrid, but the back of the case is covered in a colorful cotton fabric material. It’s available in a variety of attractive colors, although the large PU leather branding takes away from the design a bit. Still, it’s the best fabric case out there now that Google no longer makes them.
Best rugged Pixel 6a case: Otterbox Commuter
- 3x military standard
- Port covers
- All-around protection
- Bulky but pocket-friendly
- Comes in two colorways
Otterbox is our go-to brand for protection, and the Commuter is one of the best rugged cases you can buy for the Pixel 6a. The beefy case is tested for three times as many drops as the military standard, and it covers the camera module completely to provide a pocket-friendly design. It even has port covers to prevent dust and debris from damaging your phone. If you plan on taking your Pixel 6a with you on your adventures, this is the case to keep it safe. It comes in two separate two-tone colorways.
Looking for more rugged Pixel 6a cases? We also recommend:
- Spigen Tough Armor: This case shares a lot in common with the Otterbox Commuter above, but it drops the port covers and adds a kickstand. It also comes in three colors, which is unusual for rugged cases.
- Spigen Rugged Armor: Slightly less resistant than the Tough Armor, this rugged Pixel 6a case is still one of the most resistant on the market. The carbon fiber accents add a touch of visual flair.
How we test phone cases
We rigorously test smartphones, accessories, and other products in our reviews here at Android Authority, and we consider many attributes before recommending a phone case. This is also true for the best Pixel 6a cases. Here’s a quick rundown of what we consider:
- Protection: There’s an obvious difference between thin and rugged cases, but there’s a lot of variation between options within each category. Where possible, we simulate real-world drops from different heights to see how they’ll hold up. We also consider design elements like corner protection, raised lips around the display and camera module, and covered buttons.
- Grip: Not everyone wants a grippy case, but those who do have high expectations. Apart from hands-on testing, we also test phones on different surfaces like wood or marble to see how prone they are to slipping. Typically, cases with ridges or bumps along the back or sides are the clear winners in this regard.
- Installation and removal: The Pixel 6a features a plastic back, and a case that’s too tight runs the risk of damaging it if it’s too difficult to remove. If you have to apply excessive force to remove or install a case, that’s a big red flag in our book.
- Design and colorways: These are exceptionally personal choices, which is why we strive to include a wide variety of designs and colors to choose from. Where possible, we also include customizable cases that can be further tweaked to suit your personal style.
- Price: You don’t always get what you pay for. Often affordable cases have better build qualities and offer more protection than expensive cases. Brand plays a big role here, which is why we’re always on the lookout for new models and price variations.