Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra get Android 13? March 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra updates
June 14, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series is getting a new update with firmware version N98xU1UEU2FVEB. Per SamMobile, it improves the Night Portrait photography. The update also includes the latest June 2022 security patch.
To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra updates
- May 2, 2022: Across the world — including in the United States — the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series received the May 2022 Android security patch (via SamMobile). The Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra firmware landed as N98xU1UES2FVD6. There weren’t any new features added to the phones with this update.
- March 17, 2022: If you own a Galaxy Note 20 series device, you’ll soon be getting One UI 4.1. This update brings a wealth of new features from the Galaxy S22 series to the Note 20 phones. According to SamMobile, the update is rolling out today in some regions, so everyone should have it in the coming weeks.
- January 31, 2022: Samsung is once again ahead of Google in rolling out the February security patch and the Galaxy Note 20 series is the first to get it. According to SamMobile, the security update is currently available in only Europe. Needless to say, it should hit other regions soon enough.
- December 28, 2021: After a beta program lasting only a few weeks, the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series started receiving the stable version of One UI 4, based on Android 12. According to XDA-Developers, the rollout started in Switzerland. It’s only a matter of time before it makes its way to other countries. The software version is N98xxXXS3EULF. To learn more about what to expect with One UI 4, check out our hands-on here.
- November 3, 2021: Samsung is rolling out the November 2021 update to the Galaxy Note 20 series, starting in the UK. According to SamMobile, the update bears firmware version N98xxXXS3DUJ6 and includes Google and Samsung’s list of security fixes. Notably, three are marked critical by Google and one by Samsung, so it’s best to install this patch as soon as possible. As far as new features go, there’s no indication that this patch brings additional smarts to Samsung’s most recent Note devices.
- September 30, 2021: The October 2021 security patch rolled out early in South Korea, packing firmware version N98xNKSU1DUI2.
- September 6, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series gained the September security patch in some markets. According to SamMobile, the new update landed with firmware version N98xxXXS3DUH5.
If you’ve spotted a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update that we haven’t, tip us! Are you looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.